The Education / Resource and Measurement Working Groups provide a forum for discussion with Nodes, intervention Leads and the Central Measurement team on issues relevant to SHN.
The Education / Resource Working Group provides support on:
- The development and delivery of standardized educational content. This includes recommending specific leading practices for adoption in the intervention and strategies.
- Defining intervention “experts” and maintaining a national roster.
- Coordinating the delivery of campaign educational opportunities (including the effective and efficient use of national experts) with the Nodes.
- Creating the conditions in order that SHN participants share and learn from each other.
- Ensuring current clinical knowledge for the SHN interventions.
- Nurturing a learning environment that enhances the SHN mission.
- Collaborating through and with other Working Groups on an ongoing basis, to learn about each intervention and the related strategies for implementation.
The Measurement Working Group provides support on:
- Creating a robust and secure data collection and data analysis strategy for intervention measures (including process and outcome measures), and system measures (i.e. hospital-standardized mortality ratio (HSMR), at the participant, Node and national level.
- Providing measurement knowledge, guidance and support for the Nodes through standardized measurement strategies and reporting results.
- Communicating regularly and coordinating with Nodes, clinical supports and other Working Groups.
The work of the Education / Resource and Measurement Working Groups is supported by a Communication Advisor to ensure effective delivery of communication strategies, programs and tools.